Monday, October 6, 2008

Counting Down Christmas with ...... (2) The Gingerbread House


Don't you think time flies? It was just like yesterday when I was preparing for the series of last year's Christmas classes, and a couple of weeks ago, I was already preparing for this year's.

My mom was and still is a great cook, but baking is really not something she is after. We didn't grow up with gingerbread houses, gingerbread men and fancy Christmas cookies. So naturally, to us, gingerbread houses were something which only appeared on kids programs and story books.

I felt like I was a kid again when I was assembling this gingerbread house kit. How enjoyable it was to be able to put those gingerbread cookie pieces together an decorated as I wished with the icing and candies. It didn't matter if it was something really easy for an instructor to decorate, it was the Christmas spirit that counted.

The November 2008 issue of Flavours Magazine will be featuring my Christmas Gingerbread Tree, Sugar Cookie Treats and Rice Cripspie Treats; the recipes and ways of decorating them. So, remember to grab a copy when it is out by end of October. You could make use of my Gingerbread Cookie recipe featured in this issue to make your own gingerbread hourse, otherwise these pre-baked gingerbread house kits are not too bad of an option to consider.


Love,



You may also like to read:

Counting Down Christmas with ....... (1) The Preparation

4 comments:

Edith said...

so cool. I think my kids will enjoy this.

Little Corner of Mine said...

Something fun for the kids to enjoy!

pingmouse said...

oh my so fast... almost time to put up the xmas tree oledi....

u know jo, i still have the gingerbread house kid i bought frm wilton last year. i wonder if they can still be used ;)

Megan Poa said...

i like it so much...
feel wanna make 1 for myself... ^^