Jeriel's biggest birthday party ever, even that, it's not gonna be a real big one...
Jeriel will be having his 3rd birthday celebration in his day care centre. There will be 17 kids and 4 teachers if everybody turns up. The theme of the birthday party will be 'Barnyard & Tractor'. Well, a tractor cake was what requested by the little fella while 'Barnyard' was what I added in as barnyard party stuff, e.g. plates, stickers, door gifts for the kids, etc, are easier to find than tractor-related party supplies. This is my first time organising my own kid's party. As a matter of fact, I think I am more excited then Jeriel :P.
Here's how an excited mom plans for her kid's birthday party:
2. Started searching on the internet the various ways and means of conducting a tractor theme party. The closest and easiest birthday theme was 'Barnyard' to tie to tractor. Hence, the 'Barnyard & Tractor' theme.
3. Informed teachers of the Centre about the intention of having a party.
4. Designing of birthday invitation: Looked for tractor and barnyard animal images to be given to my ever creative graphic designer, none other than my beloved SISTER, to come out with the draft of the card.
5. A trick question came back from sis - What color should the tractor be? Tractors of different colors were drawn and submitted to YRH to pick. Final color was GREEN.
6. Menu planning: No spicy food, no food with runny gravy, so it has to be dry and not so messy food. Shortlisted:
a) Egg mayo sandwiches
b) Sardine samosa
c) Chicken ham & cheese pinwheels
d) Probably macaroni cheese too
Orange drink with cocktail fruits
a) Cupcakes decorated with barnyard animal picks
b) Tractor Cake
7. Started shopping for party favour at Petaling Street. Managed to get some stationeries for the kids.
8. Shopped for party plates, napkins and cutleries. Managed to get animal party plates. Preliminary shopping for food and ingredients that are able to keep till the day like cocktail fruits in can, sardine, ham, puff pastry, popiah skin, macaroni, etc.
Will update you guys again nearer to the day :)