I will be off to Vietnam for a weekend getaway. Meanwhile, just wish to keep this blog of mine a little busy with this recipe which I shared on a newly launched forum of mine. Oh, in fact, not mine but all cake decorators and enthusiasts'.
180g all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
145g brown sugar
150g carrot, grated
100g raisins, soaked in 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
Grated lemon rind from 1 lemon
1. Prepare solo baking cups or line muffin pan with paper cups. Preheat oven to 170 degC.
2. Sift all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon powder into a mixing bowl. Set aside.
3. Cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy on high speed. Reduce speed and beat in eggs one at a time, making sure it is incorporated before the next addition.
4. Add in grated carrot, raisins, lemon rind and sifter dry ingredients. Fold using just a wooden spoon carefully to not overmix the batter.
5. Fill prepared baking cups with mixture. This recipe doesn't raise much so you will need to fill to approx. 85% full if you need the cupcakes to reach the brim for decorating purpose.
6. Bake in preheat oven for 30 minutes until golden brown and skewer inserted into the centre of cupcake comes out clean.
7. Transfer to wire rack to cool completely before decorating.
8. For decorating idea, please refer here.