Today's recipe is part of my freezer cleaning program which utilises my green peas and chicken ham. It is an ideal way of putting something simple and fast yet delicious on the dining table. It accompanies your lazy Sunday brunch or the soup alone is filling enough to start your Sunday off. Give it a try.
Ham & Onion Soup
1 large onion, diced
50g frozen green peas
80g chicken ham, diced
2-3 tbsp cooking oil
2L chicken broth
Salt and freshly group pepper to taste
2 eggs, beaten
1 stalk spring onion, chopped (optional)
- Heat oil in pot or wok. Saute diced onion until fragrant.
- Pour in chicken broth. Add in ham and green peas.
- Bring soup to a boil. Turn heat down and let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Taste with salt and pepper. Turn to high heat and bring the soup to a boil again.
- Pour beaten egg from above the soup in a slow steady stream to create egg drop.
- Garnish with chopped spring onion if desired.